Friday, June 13, 2008

Argh-ish














Today and yesterday have been purty crazy. However, Friday the 13th decided to sneak up on me and get me good. We're resting today in Damascus, VA, and a few of us went down to the river to cool off. The water was real cold until you got in, and it was just a little chilly. Well, my theory is I got some mini-hypothermia, because when I got out, I immediately started feeling dizzy. I had goosebumps and I was shivering a little. By the time I got back to "The Place" hostel a quarter mile away, I was really messed up- super lightheaded, freezing cold, and a bit confused. I'm doing better now, walking around in thermals and rain pants, but I only have a few minutes so I'm just going to pop some pictures up and git out.






A couple highlights when this thing is loading:






-what first appeared to be man doing tribal dance in twilight ended up being totally drunk guy skateboarding destroyed bicycle

-Johnathan barely being able to order at Subway due to his BAC




-COOL WEATHER!!!?!?!!




-Boy scouts in the hostel, just rolled up, kids are punks, and dads refused to return my enthusiastic greeting. Jerks.


-Amazing curvy downhill into Damascus, preceded my surprisingly enjoyable 5 mile-ish climb


-4 bike shops in Damascus. Zero good ones. Weird.


-The Dairy King has no dairy. Also Weird.


-Library close very soon. Must run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you don't know how bad i want that shirt with the wizard on it.

also, i was listening to bob seger the other day and "roll me away" reminded me of you. stay alive!